Monday 23 February 2009

Not depression exactly

I wouldn't call it depression, not really, because I know through Anita's depressive states how it manifests itself. No, it isn't depression, I don't think so, but I haven't been able to get myself motivated.

Perhaps the death of Dave English is playing on my subconscious. Even with my experience of counselling I didn't notice the exterior signs of problems that would drive him to suicide.

I try to remind myself of the support that I do have and how it has helped me to stay strong. I am amid one of the inevitable black moods that I face every week.

Whatever it is I'm experiencing, I wouldn't call it depression. I fully believe that when I can return to work in the library my usual hopefulness will bounce back.
- Roger Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment