Wednesday 15 September 2010

A prison health warning: Don't get sick!

Ouch! After the pleasure of the family day visit, I came down to earth with an unpleasant bump.

My old friend neuralgia came visiting. It brings an excruciating pain to the side of my face and scalp.

I used to answer it with Dextropropoxyphene which helped with the pain. But here in prison the only medication permitted is paracetamol.

It's comparable with building sand castles to stop a tsunami. Mother would have approved, I acted like a brave soldier over the weekend and suffered in silence.

I did deprive me of sleep for 48 hours, but I rode out the storm.

Perhaps if the suffering had not abated, I might have been allowed something stronger. However, the unbending rules here might have required more than me beating the cell door with my head to get the message across that poor old Roger was really in pain.

Woe betide anyone in here with serious health issues.
- Roger Gordon

Links:
Distalgesic-co-proxamol

No comments:

Post a Comment